breaking

Trump Delays Iran Strike, Says Decision Was One Hour Away

FW Desk News

FreightWatch.News

·

Tuesday, May 19, 2026

President Donald Trump said Tuesday he postponed a planned military operation against Iran after being convinced to delay the strike by several days. Trump told reporters at the White House he was approximately one hour from making the decision to proceed with the attack. The operation would have effectively ended the existing U.S.-Iran ceasefire. Trump claimed in a social media post Monday that he delayed the previously unannounced strike after Middle Eastern leaders requested he hold off pending ongoing discussions with Iran. However, Gulf officials from countries Trump cited said they were unaware of any imminent attack plan. Trump later clarified he had not informed the leaders beforehand but said they learned of his decision and requested a postponement.

← Back to Freightwatch.news